The UNM HSC Wellness Program is happy to announce a new Fitbit Challenge starting on August 6th.
All HSC faculty, staff and students with a Fitbit are invited to join this team-based challenge. You will automatically be assigned to a team based on your self-selected step level and will compete against other HSC teams. The more participants that enroll, the more teams we will have!
Joining the Fitbit challenge is a great way to a healthier you and a fun way to compete with your colleagues!
To participate in the challenge, please click on this link to sign up for the challenge. Via google docs you will be asked the following questions, which will then be automatically emailed to HSC-BeWell@salud.unm.edu when you click Submit on the completed form.
- First and Last Name
- Name you use for your Fitbit Account
- Email associated with your Fitbit
- Current step level (light activity, moderate activity, high activity, very high activity)
Deadline to enroll in the challenge is Monday, July 23rd at 5:00 p.m. Once enrolled, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to join the challenge on July 30th.
- The challenge will run August 6th through August 20th.
- Once you provide the information requested above, your Fitbit information will be stored in our new Fitbit Challenge Platform. Once your information is entered, you will receive an invite to the “HSC Wellness Fitbit Challenge Platform.”
- By accepting the invitation, you are giving permission for this program to have access to your Fitbit aggregate information, including but not limited to stairs, sleep, steps, distance and gender. Your information will only be used to assign you to a challenge team. You will be able to opt out of the current challenge or any future challenges at any time.
- More information on the challenge will be sent to participants before the challenge begins.
employee, health, Notes, staff