It's that time of year again! We have received enough flu vaccine to start vaccinating all our staff and patients. The HSC official flu campaign will begin Monday, September 30, 2019 through Friday, November 29, 2018.
The Cancer Center will offer its employees influenza vaccines Monday, September 30, 2019, through Wednesday, November 27, 2019. After Wednesday, November 27, 2019, employees will need to find their own source for getting a flu shot.
All staff must be compliant by December 1, 2019.
All staff working at the Cancer Center and CRF are strongly encouraged to get the flu vaccine as early as possible as you are the first line in caring for our patients.
The University received the quadrivalent vaccine this year
that covers 4 strains of influenza.
There will be 3 exceptions to not receive the flu vaccine this year. They are:
- Medical Reasons
- Personal Reasons
- **If you opt out of getting the flu vaccine you must complete the required paperwork and
turn it into the 4th floor Infusion Suite no later than Wednesday,
November 27, 2019. If you are opting
out of the flu vaccine, you are required
to wear a surgical mask anytime you are at work during the flu season. Masks must be worn beginning December 2, 2019
through the end of flu season, which will be determined by Dr. Brett, UH Epidemiologist.
Here is the link for the declination forms:
We are required to document whether or not you received the vaccine.
- If you receive the vaccine at the UNM Health System you will
be given a sticker indicating that you have been vaccinated for the 2019 – 2020
- If you receive the
flu vaccine any place other than the UNM Health System you must bring documented proof showing that you received the vaccine
to the 4th floor Infusion Suite between 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, Monday –
Friday, in order to receive the sticker indicating compliance.
- If you chose not to receive the flu vaccine, you must complete the consent declining the
If you have an egg allergy,
you can still get a flu vaccine. Please
contact UH Employee Health at 272-2517 for information.
**Please note the
consents say “UNM Hospitals”. This form is for all staff working within the
Health System regardless of your hiring organization.
Flu Vaccine Schedule – begins Monday, September 30, 2019
Staff at 201 Camino de Salud
- Where: 4th floor Infusion Suite - check in at reception desk
- When: Monday - Friday, starting Monday, September 30, 2019 through Wednesday, November 27, 2019.
- Time: 4:00 – 6:00 pm ONLY as to not interfere with patient care.
Staff at CRF
- Where: Room G25
- When: Friday, October 11, 2018
- Time: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Where: 4th Floor - check in at reception desk - appointments are preferred but they will accept walk-ins as well.
- When: Monday – Friday - Starting Monday, September 30, 2019
- Time: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
We cannot vaccinate friends or family members. They can get their vaccines at any UH vaccine clinic, their PCP's office, citywide vaccine clinics or a local pharmacy.
employee, employee health, Notes